Run for a Reason- Houston Marathon 2023
Avondale House has once again been named an official charity for the 2023
Chevron Houston Marathon Weekend of Events and we are counting on you to
make it our best year yet!
Run for a Reason- Fundraise for Registration
Join Team Avondale House and commit to raising a minimum of $500 while Avondale House covers your registration fee. This will secure a guaranteed entry in the 2023 Chevron Houston Marathon or the Aramco Half Marathon. Click here to register.
Be a HERO by making a one-time tax-deductible donation of at least $350 plus the cost of registration (Marathon: $140 / Half Marathon: $125) to Team Avondale House. Click here to sign up to be a HERO!
Join Team Avondale House and commit to raising a minimum of $250. Avondale House pays your registration. Click here to register.
- Avondale House covers race registration fee for Chevron Marathon, Aramco Half Marathon runners, and 5k runners.
- The top fundraiser for Team Avondale House will win a two-night stay at the Hilton before the big race! The marathon will be just steps from your hotel room.
- Fundraisers who raise at least $1,000 will be invited as our special guests to Bingo Bash in October 2023!
- Fundraisers who meet the fundraising minimum will receive a canvas tote bag
- Top 3 fundraisers will receive H-E-B gift cards
- Get your own fan squad on the racecourse at the Avondale House Hoopla Station!
- Free registration to Bike to the Beach Houston
- Receive Avondale House swag to rep that you run for autism.
- Receive a running shirt for race day.
- Those who raise over $350 will receive HERO benefits
Following are important dates and milestones regarding the Fundraise For Registration (FFR) participants:
December 1, 2022
The runner must have raised at least $175 of your required minimum. If the runner has not raised at least this amount by December 1, 2022, the application will not be accepted, and the runner will not be eligible to participate in the event.
This will also be the deadline for fundraising balances for HERO status and to determine the HERO benefits that the runners will be eligible for.
January 5, 2023
The runner must have raised the fundraising minimum (as prescribed by your charity). If the runners do not have the minimum fundraised by this date, their bib will be held at packet pickup. (Runners will be able to be waived by the charity if they wish to and this will be the deadline for waiving runners as well). They will need to either show proof of having met the fundraising minimum or pay the remaining balance in order to pickup their bib. Alternate arrangements will be allowed on a case by case basis to be discussed with the charity administrator.
February 1, 2023
Last day to fundraise! 2023 Fundraising Campaign closes.